The 7 Steps to Healthier Hair During Covid
I wanted to take this time to share a little information that can be useful as many of us are spending most of our time in the house. This is a perfect time to give your hair a break from daily styling, combing and brushing, which causes most of the damage our hair suffers. If there are any areas of your hair that are damaged, broken or just not showing growth, as expected, this is the time to rejuvenate them.
1. Avoid heated styling tools, combs and brushes. Use your fingers to detangle and style, as needed.
2. Apply a moisturizer or leave- in conditioner or just plain water to your hair. If possible, saturate your hair, but if your hair is sensitive to moisture apply a light spritz.
3. Apply your favorite natural oil or butter (i.e. olive oil, castor oil or shea butter) to seal in the moisture. Use about ¼ to ½ ounce of the oil or butter.
4. Massage your scalp, focus especially on those areas that are thin at the scalp or seem to grow slowly.
5. Relax and enjoy your time doing your hair. It is an opportunity to slow down and clear your mind. Visualize your hair in its most healthy state.
6. If possible, allow your hair to remain loose. Otherwise, you can pull your hair up and secure it loosely with a hair band, clip or large braid. You can also braid small patches of hair.
7. At bedtime cover your hair with a loosely tied silk or satin scarf. You can also sleep in a satin bonnet or on a satin pillowcase. Another option is to cover your pillow with the silk scarf as well.